It is at the junction of the main roads connecting Larnaca with Limassol and Nicosia. It is one of the six old churches of the Kofinos community and the most well preserved. It is dated to the beginning of the 11th century and was built on the ruins of an older three-aisled basilica of the 7th century AD. In the early phase of the church it is believed that Bishop Heraclius was based. According to various findings, the settlement was destroyed after a strong earthquake. In the second phase the church belongs to a rare variant of a cruciform church, influenced, as was the first phase, by features of architecture presented in Asia Minor and the Near East during the early and middle Byzantine period. The temple has three layers of frescoes dating from the 12th, 14th and 16th centuries. The Church of Our Lady was declared an ancient monument in 1935.