The Panagias Panathanasis church is built in the center of Limassol and is the metropolitan temple. It is a three-aisled cruciform basilica with a central dome. It was built in the period 1954-1958 in the place of an older church in the woods that existed in the same place. The inauguration of the church was carried out in 1970 by the Metropolitan of Kition Anthimos. The church has three central entrances in the middle of the south, north and west wall. On all three entrances there are sheltered props with arches and circular mosaic columns. The church today is fully hagiographized with beautiful frescoes. In the dome dominates the omnipotent. In the hollow of the sanctuary there is the widespread one, while in the rest of the temple there are performances of the life and miracles of Christ and forms of many saints of our church.