Parallax image

Church of Saint Constantine the Almanos

教会修道院&
Next Project Agios Charalambos Church Agios Charalambos Church
Panagia Stazousa Church Previous Project Panagia Stazousa Church

View in larger map

地址

Ormidia Community

区域

Ormidia Community

Free

分享

The Church of Saint Constantine of Alamanos, was built in 1901 on the remains of two older churches, a 11th-12th century homonymous church, and an 18th-century church dedicated to Saints Anargyri. Alamanos had direct access to the tomb of the Saint and to the healing sac that sprouted from it. In fact, according to information provided by chronographer Leontios Machairas, a ruler of the island at that time, suffering from two illnesses, bathed in the sanctuary and did well. In the present church there is no access to the tomb of Saint, which is located on the right of the Holy Step and part of its remains are kept in a special case on the Holy Bank.