It is located about 13 kilometers northwest of the city of Paphos. It is the area where the first ancient (Mycenaean) Greeks settled in 1200 BC, after the fall of the Mycenaean kingdoms in mainland Greece. Therefore, it is a very important area for Cyprus, since the Hellenization of the island began here. The area provides a lot of information about the end of the Late Bronze Age on the island. The name of the area "Paleokastro" comes from the imposing defensive walls that were always uncovered. The fortifications of the settlement consist of two separate Cyclopean Walls. The first wall protected the settlement from the land side and the second provided protection from the sea. The small museum with its original architecture is the work of Italian architect, conservator and professor Andrea Bruno. The museum presents the colonization of Cyprus by the Mycenaean Greeks.